Step 1 : Export your subscribers list from MailChimp
- Navigate to the Lists page
- Click the name of the list you want to export with
- Click Export List
- After the list export loads, click Export as CSV to download the file to your computer.
- You'll have downloaded a ZIP file containing up to 4 CSV files for each list.
Step 2 : Import your subscribers list in SmartrMail
Only import the .csv file with subscribed members.
All you subscribers from MailChimp are now in SmartrMail.
Step 3 : Remove Unsubscribes (recommended)
Unfortunately, some of customers might have unsubscribed in MailChimp and that info may have not been passed to your e-commerce platform. This results in these unsubscribed customers being imported into SmartrMail. As you do not want to email people who have unsubscribed (This will damage your Deliverability), we strongly recommend that you continue with the following steps:
- Navigate to the Bulk Unsubscribe at the bottom of the Subscribers page
- Upload the other .csv files that came from your MailChimp list export. These include: unsubscribed, cleaned, and non-subscribed members.
Note that you will have to match the email customer field with the email Import Columns. All others Import Columns should be marked as "skip". Then scroll down and click on "unsubscribe".
And that's it ! Congratulations ! 🎉
You can now start emailing your subscribers and making sales with SmartrMail 🚀