We realize this may be hard for some stores, if you're working from home or don't have an actual office. Luckily the CAN-SPAM act simply requires that the address you include be one where you can receive physical mail from customers.
Here are a few alternative addresses you can use in your footer if you don't have an office and don't want to put your home address:
- PO Box - they can cost as little as $5/month and are simple way to get an address for your email footers.
- Distributors or Store Affiliations - if you're affiliated or work closely with a retail store or one of your distributors, you can ask if they can receive mail for you.
- Your Work Address - if running your store isn't your day job, you can ask your employer if they are okay with you receiving mail at their address.
- A Friend's Business - if you have a friend that can receive mail for you at their office or shop location, you can use their address as long as they can reliably get your mail to you.
- UPS Stores - UPS stores offer PO Boxes with the PO Box address. You simply use their physical address and a 'suite #' and they'll forward your mail to you.
- Co-working Space - Working alone at home everyday can get boring! Rent a desk at a local co-working space, use their address, and make some friends in the process.