List-triggered workflows only send to new subscribers entering your selected lists.
We've listed here below a few checks that needs to be done:
- Your new subscriber is added to a list included in your welcome email's recipients list:
If your new subscriber is added to a list that isn't specified in the "To" field of your list-triggered workflow, this subscriber will not receive your email.
You can find out in which list your subscriber has been added by searching for the subscriber and accessing their profile (here the subscriber has been added to "Test list", which isn't one of the list in the welcome email's "To" field 👇
2. The subscribers isn't already part of your list
List-triggered workflows only send to new subscribers who weren't already in the subscribers' list. The subscriber has to be newly added to the list.
You can check the date when the subscriber got added by searching for this subscriber in your subscribers' lists. If the date isn't today's date, it means that this subscriber was already part of your list.
If you are testing your own list-triggered workflow, we recommend adding a brand new email address (one that isn't already part of your subscribers' list).
3. Your subscriber didn't receive your list-triggered workflow in the past
list-triggered workflow never send more than once to each email address. If you are testing your own list-triggered workflow, we recommend adding a brand new email address to your list.
4. Your subscriber didn't unsubscribe in the past, or that it isn't labelled as suppressed.
It is possible that your new subscriber is in the right subscribers' list, but that your eCommerce platform labelled this contact as "Suppressed".
In order to fix this, simply access their contact profile in your eCommerce platform and update it as "Accepts email marketing" / "Subscribed". Here is a detailed doc for more information on suppressed contacts https://docs.smartrmail.com/en/articles/363113-what-are-suppressed-email-addresses
If your new subscriber unsubscribed in the past. Please reach out to our support team to ask for this subscriber to be re-activated.
5. Your subscriber has been added to your subscribers' list
Here, it depends on the source of your new subscribers. If it is coming through:
- Your eCommerce platform: It is possible that a slight delay (a few seconds to 5 minutes) in the sync is delaying the creation of your new subscriber. Your new subscriber will appear automatically. You do not need to do anything in particular.
- Your SmartrMail pop-up: Your new subscriber will appear automatically. You do not need to do anything in particular.
- A sign up form directly linked to your SmartrMail account: If you've added more than 3 email addresses through this form in the last 24 hours (from the same IP), it is possible that our bot protection prevented you from adding a 4th email address in your SmartrMail from. We'd recommend adding this subscriber using a different IP (use a VPN, or your phone while not being on wifi).
As a rule of thumb, the best way to test out your list-triggered workflow is to subscribe a brand new email address through one of your forms or your pop-up. We recommend adding more than one email address.
Still no luck? 😔 Reach out to our support team and we'll test your list-triggered workflow for you.