Every e-commerce store should be constantly collecting new subscribers. It's simple; the more leads you have the more sales opportunities you provide for your store. The best way to get more leads is by installing an email popup. Popups have proven to be the most effective way to quickly gain new email subscribers.
To easily install our popup on your store, watch the video below or follow the instructions in this article beneath the video.
- Enter the Pop Up page from the top menu
- When people signup to your email marketing through your popup, they will be added to a manual list. To connect a manual list to your popup, you need to select a list from the drop down menu in the top left.
- If you don't currently have any manual lists, or you want to use a different list than the ones you currently have, you can create a new list from this menu.
- Once your popup is connected to a manual list, you can start editing the popup.
- Within the Layout Box, you can choose how large you want your popup to appear. You can also select whether you want to popup to show on mobile devices as well (turn this option off if you only want it to appear on desktops and laptops).
- At any stage while you set up your popup, you can preview how your popup will appear on your site by clicking on the Preview Pop Up button on the right.
- You can access the next set of design options by clicking on the arrow in the Design Box
- Within the Design Box you are able to adjust the image placement as well as the text font, size and colors of your popup.
- The next section, Pop Up Content, lets you upload your image as well as change the wording.
- Click on the 'Choose image' to upload an image from your computer.
- The next section, Thank You Page, lets you customize the message you want people to see after they've signed up to your email list.
- The final section, Trigger, lets you control when the popup shows and how often it'll show to the same user. Please not that the user will need to have cookies enabled for the popup only to be shown once in your desired period of time.
- Once you're happy with how your popup looks, click Enable pop up at the top right of the page. This will set your popup live on your site.
To ensure SmartrMail's popup works correctly, make sure you've disabled any other popups from appearing on your site.
Shopify stores will not need to enter any additional code on their site. If your store is on BigCommerce or Neto, you will also need to complete the following steps:
- Enter Pop up Installation Guide at the top right of the page
- Copy and paste your unique code into the footer section of your website.
More info: Adding Custom Scripts to Stencil Themes