Follow the steps in the video below or the article beneath it to create a segment of customers who have purchased specific products and automate cross-sell or up-sell recommendations to them.
- Enter Smart Segments within the Subscribers tab
2. Click the Create new segment button
3. Name your segment
4. Choose All Subscribers to select all lists or choose the list you'd like to segment
5. In the Show section choose the following rule:
- Has purchased product
6. Search and select the products you'd like to include in your segment
7. Click the Save & Exit button. Your segment will populate and be available under the Smart Segments tab.
Note: Most segments will update within a minute, but larger lists can take up to 5 mins to populate.
8. Enter the Auto Emails page from the header menu and click the Automated Flows tab
9. Click the New Automated Flow button
10. Choose the Smart Segment(s) you want to automate your messages for and add a subject line
11. Compose your email with the drag & drop composer.
12. Click the Automate button and set the time trigger you'd like your email to go out at once subscribers join your segment(s)
13. Choose whether you'd like the Auto Follow up to be a Recurring email or a Once-off email.
Recurring will send every time a customer joins your selected segment(s)
Once-off will send only the first time a customer joins your selected segments(s)
14. Click the Automate button
15. Repeat steps 9-14 for add subsequent emails to the flow.