Automated Flows are emails which automatically send after a user has triggered a certain condition. This example will step through the process of developing this system with one of the most essential flows you can set up.
Why have a Thank You Campaign?
- Thank You emails have a high conversion rate
- It's a chance to add a personal touch and differentiate yourself from the faceless corporate world (adding a personal tone, a photograph of your team, etc. - a good Thank You email is a way of showing your commitment to customer service).
Building it on SmartrMail
Step 1: Make a Smart Segment
Navigate to the Subscribers page, click on the Smart Segments tab, and select "Create new segment"
Use the "Has ordered in (# Days)" rule to segment your most recent customers
Step 2: Navigate to the Automated Flow Composer
Head to the Auto Emails page and navigate to the Automated Flows tab. Click the New Automated Flow button
Step 3: Set the Email to send to the segment you created
Choose the segment you created in Step 1.
Step 4: Design your Automated Flow
Your design is up to you but below is an example of what a very basic Thank You email might look like:
Some things you might want to include in your Thank You emails:
- Actually say 'Thank You' in the subject title (the word 'thank’ performs well in subject lines).
- Include social media sharing links
- Include information about shipping / when the product will arrive
Then press Automate down at the bottom right hand corner:
Step 5: Automate your Thank You email
Choose how you'd like the automated flow to operate - in my case, I selected "Once off" since I don't want to be sending the Thank you Email repeatedly to the same customer.
And then we're done, nice work! Now you can relax as your customers feel a warm welcome without any more work from you.